PIERRE HOUSTON - SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Unparalleled experience on Apple platforms
iOS Specialist based in Vancouver, Canada
Graduate of Computer Science department at the University of British Columbia, I began career as application and low-level developer for Mac OS platforms. Having worked through the transition into the current era of OS X-based Apple platforms, I've had experience with native app development in Cocoa / Objective-C since the early 2000s. I've been an iOS developer since the launch of the first iPhone SDK in 2008, and full-time Swift coder for over 2 years.
Current Status as of Summer 2020: Available
SELECTED WORKS 2008 – 2017
June 2016 - July 2017
Responsible for 2 iOS apps for chauffeur booking service kater.com. Made significant gains in app stability and source consistency and quality, addition of major features, implemented a complete UI redesign.
• Swift • Realm database • peer to peer messaging • mapping and geolocation • continuous integration
TRES (FOR RESILIENCE SOFTWARE)
January 2016 - June 2016
Adding features to medical billing forms application.
• customized off-the-shelf UITableView form solution to have resizable cells • bug fixes • Core Data
July 2015 - September 2015
Quick turnaround MVP for location-based messaging app.
• MapKit with clustering • JSON and REST API • local Core Data storage • data synchronization
JOHN FREIDA (FOR MOMENTUS SOFTWARE)
July 2014 - September 2014
Store-finder and product recommendation promotional app.
• JSON and REST APIs • asynchronous execution using “promises” • advanced Core Data • MapKit
April 2012 - May 2013
Mac OS app, WYSIWYG ePub book editor based on content-editable WebViews
2009 - 2013
Early iOS camera app for iOS 3–6, with 4 major iterations, hundreds of thousands of international downloads
• custom controls • animated UI • low-level camera & accelerometer • multi-threaded image manipulate / cache / save pipeline • image metadata • social network APIs • in-app purchases • analytics • localization